This site contains commercial content

This independent comparison site assists consumers in selecting the finest gambling products suited to their requirements. We deliver top-notch advertising services by showcasing only reputable brands from licensed operators in our reviews. We earn a commission for advertising the brands featured on this page, which may affect brand positioning. It's important to note that while we strive to keep our information current, we do not review every operator available on the market.
Advertisement Disclosure
mobile app Get Bonus £1,500 + 88 Free Spins for New Players Get Bonus £1,500 + 88FS Sign Up Sign Up

Lord of the Ocean

0 reviews
Novomatic software casino logo mini Software Novomatic
rtp RTP 95.10%
max win Max Possible Win $143,120

The main characteristics

Game Name Lord of the Ocean
Release Date 2013
Game Type Slots
Number Of Lines 10
Platforms Desktop, Tablet and Mobile
Wild symbol
Bonus Game
Free Spins
Min Bet $0.10
Max Bet $100
Max Win $143,120

The Lord of the Ocean Slot is a 5-reel, 10-payline game set in Atlantis, a fabled realm. The symbols on the reels include gorgeous aquatic creatures like as dolphins, mermaids, and Poseidon. The game also has a wild symbol, represented by the ocean lord himself, that replaces all other symbols except the scatter.

One of the slot's most notable features is the Free Spins round, which is activated by landing three or more scatter symbols, symbolized by the mystical gate symbol. During the Free Spins round, a special expanding symbol is randomly selected, which can lead to large payouts as it fills the reels.

For players who took a liking to the Lord of the Ocean slot, we'd also recommend giving the Day of Dead slot a whirl, available to play both for free and with real money.

Video Review

Video title

Screenshots Lord of the Ocean by Novomatic

Lord of the Ocean Main Page
Lord of the Ocean Slot by Novomatic - Scatter
Lord of the Ocean Slot by Novomatic - Symbol A
Lord of the Ocean Slot by Novomatic - Small Win
Lord of the Ocean Slot by Novomatic - Big Win
Lord of the Ocean Slot by Novomatic - Four Kings
Lord of the Ocean Slot by Novomatic - Gamble
Lord of the Ocean Main Page
Lord of the Ocean Slot by Novomatic - Scatter
Lord of the Ocean Slot by Novomatic - Symbol A
Lord of the Ocean Slot by Novomatic - Small Win
Lord of the Ocean Slot by Novomatic - Big Win
Lord of the Ocean Slot by Novomatic - Four Kings
Lord of the Ocean Slot by Novomatic - Gamble


Game Mechanics

Novomatic's slot game provides an immersive experience that will make you feel as if you are exploring the depths of the ocean. The game is played on a 5x3 grid with 10 paylines, so you have plenty of chances to win. The reels feature symbols like as the eponymous Lord of the Ocean, mermaids, seahorses, and treasure chests.

One of the most intriguing aspects of this slot is the expanding symbol. When three or more Scatter symbols appear, you will be awarded free spins. Before the free spins begin, a random symbol is selected to become an expanding symbol. This means that everytime it appears on the reels during the free spins, it will expand to take up the entire reel, improving your chances of winning big.

Another distinguishing feature of the Lord of the Ocean Slot is the Gamble feature. After each victorious spin, you can wager your winnings to potentially double them. This function adds an added element of excitement and risk to the game, allowing you to take a gamble and enhance your profits even more.

Understanding the Symbols

  • Poseidon Symbol: Often the highest valued symbol, representing the Lord of the Ocean. Landing multiple Poseidon symbols can lead to significant wins.
  • Mermaid Symbol: Usually a high-value symbol, second to Poseidon. Matching mermaid symbols can also yield considerable payouts.
  • Treasure Chest and Underwater Statue Symbols: These are mid-value symbols. They offer moderate payouts and are more common than the top-tier symbols.
  • Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and 10 Symbols: These are the lower-value symbols, similar to those found in traditional card games. They offer smaller, more frequent wins.
  • Gate Symbol: This acts as both the wild and the scatter symbol. As a wild, it substitutes for other symbols to create winning combinations. As a scatter, it can trigger the free spins feature when three or more appear on the reels.

Free Spins and Multipliers

The Lord of the Ocean Slot includes an intriguing feature called Free Spins and Multipliers. As a player, you'll be pleased to learn that this function allows you to enhance your chances of winning large. When three or more Scatter symbols appear on the reels, the Free Spins bonus round is activated. This will initially award you 10 free spins, but the best thing is that you can retrigger this feature several times during the round.

During the Free Spins, a special expanding symbol is randomly selected. This symbol can extend to fill an entire reel, improving your chances of forming winning combinations. And if luck is on your side, you can even get a multiplier applied to your winnings, raising them even more.

RTP and Volatility

With an RTP of 95.10%, this slot gives you a good chance of earning back your money. RTP is the proportion of wagered money returned to players over time. So, for every $100 wagered, you can expect to win $95.10 on average. This indicates that the house edge for this slot is 4.90%.

The Lord of the Ocean Slot having a high level of volatility means that the game typically involves higher risk with the potential for larger payouts. Players can expect less frequent wins, but when wins do occur, they are likely to be more substantial compared to lower volatility games.

Mobile Gaming

The Lord of the Ocean Slot's mobile gaming compatibility allows you to join the adventure of the undersea realm while on the go. You no longer need a desktop computer or laptop to play this amazing slot game. You can now take it with you wherever you go, making it even easier for you to play.

The graphics and gameplay of the Lord of the Ocean Slot have been meticulously crafted to perform flawlessly on mobile devices. The user interface is simple, allowing you to easily navigate the game and take advantage of all of its features. You'll be attracted by the magnificent sights and deep sound effects that enhance the overall gaming experience.

Software Provider

Novomatic, an Austrian business, created the Lord of the Ocean Slot game. Novomatic, founded in 1980, has risen to become one of the largest and most inventive firms in the global gaming industry. They are known for its wide selection of high-quality slot machines, electronic table games, and gaming technology solutions.

Lord of the Ocean demonstrates Novomatic's competence in developing entertaining and visually appealing slot games. Novomatic's games are known for their meticulous attention to detail, with beautiful graphics, well-planned themes, and immersive soundtracks. This is obvious in Lord of the Ocean with its intriguing undersea theme and complex symbol designs, which provide a one-of-a-kind and entertaining gaming experience.

Slot Availability on Casinos

Lord of the Ocean Slot, a well-known creation of Novomatic, enjoys widespread availability across numerous online casinos. This popularity is due to the game's engaging underwater theme, high-quality graphics, and the reputation of Novomatic as a leading game developer in the casino industry. Major online casinos, especially those that prioritize a diverse range of slot games, often include Lord of the Ocean in their portfolio. Its presence is almost guaranteed on platforms that specifically showcase Novomatic games, given its status as one of their more popular titles.

Pros and Cons of the Lord of the Ocean Slot


  • Free spins.
  • Gamble feature.
  • RTP 95.10%.


  • High volatility.

Strategies for Winning




Set a Budget

Determine how much you are willing to spend and stick to it. This will prevent overspending and help you manage your bankroll effectively.

Ensures responsible gambling and prevents financial strain.

Understand the Paytable

Familiarize yourself with the symbols, payouts, and bonus features of the game. This knowledge will enable you to make informed decisions during gameplay.

Allows you to strategize and maximize your winnings.

Utilize Free Spins

Take advantage of any free spin offers or bonuses provided by the casino. This allows you to play without risking your own money and increases your chances of winning.

Offers additional opportunities to win without additional cost.

Practice in Demo Mode

Before playing with real money, try out the Lord of the Ocean Slot in demo mode. This allows you to get a feel for the game and develop a winning strategy.

Enables you to refine your skills and test different approaches without financial consequences.


Lord of the Ocean Slot by Novomatic stands out for its engaging underwater theme and high-quality graphics. The game immerses players in an oceanic adventure with mystical symbols like Poseidon and mermaids, enhancing the playing experience. Its special expanding symbol in the free spins round adds an exciting twist, offering the potential for significant wins. This high volatility game appeals to those who enjoy the excitement of potentially large payouts.

Widely available across online casinos, including mobile platforms, it's accessible to a broad audience. However, players should approach Lord of the Ocean with responsible gaming in mind, considering its high volatility and the unpredictability inherent in slot games.


Overall Rating 0 reviews

Add Review

Overall Rating